Picuous

Aug 18, 2014

Vylopilli again

Saturday, the day after the Independence day, was a rather quite day for me. After attending to some bank work in the morning and  a short afternoon nap, I was at a loose end in the evening. On browsing through the Metro Plus of The Hindu, I was happy to see that the Bharat Bhavan at Thycaud had a kathak performance at 6-30. On reaching the Bhavan at 6-30 I found the place deserted and locked up. The Hindu had goofed up. The program was two days earlier according the banner on the site. Disappointed, I moved on to Vylopilli Samskriti Bhavan, not knowing what to expect there. The program there was a Carnatic kutchery  by a young artiste from Ernakulam, Sreenath Nambudiri. Mr Nambudiri holds a lot of promise but has a long way to go. It was a pity that there were only about 10 people in the audience!. 

No comments: